Saturday 13 August 2011

Zigeuner WahrsageKarten: Test Reading

It's my second day with the new cards, and before I leave for the weekend, I would like to do a test reading and see what the next few days might have in store.

Question: What should I be prepared for this weekend?

Cards Drawn:

Merriment - Ecclesiastic - Marriage

There are so many possibilities contained within these three cards!

Overall, the weekend looks good: the cards are lovely, positive ones, and promise a bright few days ahead. The combination of Merriment/Ecclesiastic is an interesting one. As I am not religious in any traditional way, I thnk it may indicate spiritual development, good advice, even some kind of epiphany. There is a suggestion that the coming few days will have a profound effect on my spiritual wellbeing, and that the weekend may offer a chance to reconnect with myself.

In certain situations, the three cards could indicate an actual marriage or proposal - but in my case, this seems unlikely, as I am already engaged and nowhere near getting married! Of course, it may also foretell an invitation to the wedding of a friend, or close family member.

With this in mind, let's look at the Ecclesiastic/Marriage combination. Marriage, like every card in the deck, does not have to be taken literally. It can also mean a commitment, or binding contract - the first steps in creating something strong and permanent out of our deepest desires. If you consider the wisdom of the Ecclesiastic card, and Marriage's indication of a commitment, the combination may also be interpreted as a need to heed your own advice, to practise what you preach.

Overall, I feel the cards are telling me that taking the time to slow down and pursue more spiritual and meditative endeavours will help me to see my priorities more clearly. I think this weekend will be a time to focus on what is important, and to find happiness in life's simple pleasures. There is also a suggestion of collaboration and co-operation, that true happiness will be found this weekend not by being alone, but by seeking out the company of the people I value most.


No comments: