Thursday 4 August 2011

Featured Pack: Titania's Fortune Cards

This oracle deck is loosely based on the one attributed to Mlle Lenormand, possibly the most famous cartomancer in history. Instead of court, pip and trump cards, the deck comprises 36 cards, each decorated with a single psychedelic image - a bear, a woman, a book etc. 

The cards have been the subject of much critcism, from their garish design to what some see as a gimicky cash-in - but I have been using the cards since I was 15 years old, and have never been given reason to complain. I found it easy to build a rapport with this deck, and found that once I grasped the basic concepts presented in each card, fluidity and accuracy quickly followed. They are deceptively simple cards - though each bears only the simplest of designs, the spreads and meanings associated with the cards can be quite complex. There are even layouts which use the entire 36 card deck.

Put simply, I would recommend this deck to anyone. it is a great one for beginners and veterans alike. It's value to me is immeasurable, and I use it often.

Midnight Meadow Score:
Style: 7/10 (The designs are simple, but a little loud sometimes)
Substance: 9/10 (This deck has never let me down)


1 comment:

Ed said...

<3!! Thank you for agreeing! (in regards to my last post.) I figured it would happen sooner or later, but still....BLURGH! >:O

I've been meaning to get my cards read. There's a place by my work that does it, but they're on holiday until next week :'( I love Tarot.