Friday 2 September 2011

Dark Times At The Meadow...

Hello, all! I realise it has been deathly quiet here for the past week or so, and I should probably explain. I'm having a lot of deck trouble - cards going missing, that kind of thing - and am currently in the process of turning my entire house upside down in an attempt to find them!!

Interestingly enough, the missing cards are Deception, and the Ten of Wands. I cannot help but wonder whether this is significant. Often, when cards disappear without explanation, I later find that some area of my life needs attention, and interpreting the missing card or cards will often shed a little light on things.

Well, let's have a look, shall we?

The Ten of Wands is often depicted as a man struggling to carry ten wands in an unwieldy bunch. This represents the challenges, and often burdens, indicated by the card. The message is often one of needless suffering, of bearing the weight of something alone when there is no need to.

Deception is a card which warns that things are not always as they seem. It is about being lied to, or even lying to yourself.

So together, what do they mean? My guess is that I need to examine my own motives. If the cards do have a significance, then perhaps I am enabling a bad situation, fighting to keep something alive while lying to myself about the value of such efforts. Something in my life is a dead weight, and I would do well to be rid of it.

Of course, it may be that I'm just clumsy!
Back to business as usual next week - see you then.....

2 comments:

Magic Mentha said...

This is very interesting. :)

Btw, I just discovered your blog and site. Lovely! Thanks kindly for having me on your blog roll.

I, too, had the 10 of Wands go missing from a deck one time. And I kept getting that card as a recurring card with other readings, other decks. I definitely felt exhausted and burdened. I think your theory is a good one!

Hugs,
MM

Beth said...

Thank you very much for your kind words about my site :) With regards to including you on the blogroll - I am a firm beiever in the Tarot community, and I like to gather as many interesting points of view as I can.

Interestingly, both cards have now turned up - but not until I reorganised the entire house trying to find them, doing all manner of jobs I had been putting off!

Many Blessings,
Beth